Medical Accounts Receivable Specialist
Lithia, FL 33547 US
Location: Lithia, 33547 - This position is onsite
$22 per hour must have (5) years of experience
Hours: M-F 8-5
Type: Contract to Hire
Benefits during the contract period: We offer affordable medical, dental, and vision! Learn more: https://bit.ly/3v65IXl
- Reviews outstanding insurance claims and contacts carrier for resolution prior to patient billing.
- Contact patients for updated insurance information when necessary.
- Updates and re-bills as appropriate.
- Reviews all rejected claims and appeals when appropriate.
- Makes adjustments to patient accounts as required.
- Initiates refund requests when necessary.
- Work new and old AR; work closely with payers, file and follow-up on appeals; work insurance denials and zero pays
- Work correspondence and credit balances
- Answer incoming patient calls with billing related questions/take patient payments
- Make outbound patient calls with any account issues
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and financial information.
- Adheres to company policy in maintaining an acceptable attendance/tardy record.
- Must be flexible for other duties as assigned: As an associate you may be required to cross-train across roles/departments with similar job duties, or assist with other business needs as required
Nice to have:
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Must have recent medical AR experience
- Knowledge of reimbursement guidelines, CPT and ICD-10codes, payor contracts and plans
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Background check required
- Drug screening required